Thursday 8 June 2017

What's happening?...

Hi Everyone,

It's official I have issues!  I am reading too many books at once so I haven't talked to you in a few days.  These books are just too good to choose one, or close... so I am reading them all at once. 

How did this happen?  Normally I have one, maybe two books, on the go at one time. 

Well, first of all I ordered Into the Water through the library.  They didn't have on their shelves yet and I thought they should. And I want to read it. So place a request, and they got it in.  I was the first to receive it, and it was so new, and I loved the last book.... I had to open it even though I was reading Reckless.

That was the start of it all.  Things were fine.  But then... The Storm Sisters arrived.  I am loving this series so much!  I couldn't help it, I had to just take a peak inside and now 309 pages in I cant close it.

And... While I cook, clean, garden and drive I am listening to Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.  My house is looking so tidy as I just keep cleaning so I can listen just a little more!

Who can feel my pain!  Four good books and not enough hours in a day.  Why did I open them all?

There you have it.  I have issues.  I never use to read like this, but there are so many good books out there.
So today I give you a sneak peak at these books and I will review them all for you really soon.  I am nearly finished two of them and I can't wait to tell you all about them.


Into the Water - Paula Hawkins


'Julia, it's me.  I need you to call me back. Please, Julia.  It's important...

In the last days before her death, Nel Abbot called her sister.

Jules didn't pick up the phone, ignoring her plea for help.

Now Nel is dead.  They say she jumped.  And Jules has been dragged back to the one place she hoped she had escaped for good, to take care of the teenage girl she left behind.

But Jules is afraid. So afraid.  Of her long-buried memories, of the old Mill House, of knowing that Nel would never have jumped.

And Most of all she's afraid of the water and the place they call the Drowning pool...


Reckless - Cornelia Funke

Jacob Reckless is a treasure hunter in a world behind a mirror, a placce of dangereous magic.  There, accompanied by fox, a shape sifting girl, he's lived up to his name.

But disaster stikes when his younger brother follows him through the glass.  Unless Jacob can save him, his brother will tun to stone...


The Storm Sister - Lucinda Riley


Ally D'Aplièse is about to compete in one of the world's most perilous yacht races, when she hears the news of her adoptive father's sudden, mysterious death. Rushing back to meet her five sisters at their family home, she discovers that her father - an elusive billionaire affectionately known to his daughters as Pa Salt - has left each of them a tantalising clue to their true heritage.

Ally has also recently embarked on a deeply passionate love affair that will change her destiny forever. But with her life now turned upside down, Ally decides to leave the open seas and follow the trail that her father left her, which leads her to the icy beauty of Norway...

There, Ally begins to discover her roots - and how her story is inextricably bound to that of a young unknown singer, Anna Landvik, who lived there over 100 years before, and sang in the first performance of Grieg's iconic music set to Ibsen's play 'Peer Gynt'. As Ally learns more about Anna, she also begins to question who her father, Pa Salt, really was. And why is the seventh sister missing?

Following the bestselling The Seven Sisters, The Storm Sister is the second book in Lucinda Riley's spellbinding series based loosely on the mythology surrounding the famous star constellation.


Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See


In nineteenth-century China, in a remote Hunan county, a girl named Lily, at the tender age of seven, is paired with a laotong, “old same,” in an emotional match that will last a lifetime. The laotong, Snow Flower, introduces herself by sending Lily a silk fan on which she’s painted a poem in nu shu, a unique language that Chinese women created in order to communicate in secret, away from the influence of men.

As the years pass, Lily and Snow Flower send messages on fans, compose stories on handkerchiefs, reaching out of isolation to share their hopes, dreams, and accomplishments. Together, they endure the agony of foot-binding, and reflect upon their arranged marriages, shared loneliness, and the joys and tragedies of motherhood. The two find solace, developing a bond that keeps their spirits alive. But when a misunderstanding arises, their deep friendship suddenly threatens to tear apart.



Do you see my dilemma?
Happy reading


No comments:

Post a Comment