Saturday 14 January 2017

Everything I need to know...

Everything I need to know about love I learned from a Little Golden Book
Author: Diane Muldrow
ISBN: 978-0-553-50875-8


Hi Everyone,

You are never too old to receive a Little Golden Book for Christmas.  I have just proved it!  I was given this book by my precious sister, and I love it to bits.  More so because my sister gave it to me than anything, but also because of the reasoning behind such a gift.

Our mother got one of these books for us nearly every week.  We read the books with passion.  We re-read the books to younger children when they visited, and when I was in my baby-sitting days.  I copied verses from these little books into my special little poem book which I spent hours writing into.  I also traced many of the pictures!  The Little Golden Books have a special place in my heart and it is obviously the case for my sister.

I have sat down with this book in hand, many times since Christmas.  I have smile in reminiscence at the pictures.  My sister and I have laughed over the stories we can remember.  She remembers different ones from me, which I find interesting.  Every time I open this little treasure I smile at a different picture. 

For everyone who grew up with the Little Golden Books I present the Little Golden Book that will grace my bookcase... forever.

Just a little sneak peak from inside my copy 😊


Happy reading



This was available from: Book depository, Fishpond and Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment