Monday 5 December 2016

Book vs movie...

Me before You

Book verse's the Movie...




I am excited to announce that I finally got to view the movie of  'Me before you'.  I have been waiting to get my hands on this one.  I went through every possible emotion while reading the book.  And... I did the same with the movie.  It isn't very often that the book and movie come along side each other in my ratings book.  This movie exceeded my expectations! 

The actors, Emilia Clarke & Sam Claflin, were perfect for the role.  The accents were catchy and drew me in even more to the characters.  They were just what I had envisioned in the book.  I found this to be amazing in itself.  How on earth did they find such perfect actors to give this book the justice it deserved.

The clothes were a main feature in the book (for me) and here they managed to set the screen alive with Lou's clothing.  Now this had to be done just right or it would have ruined the character, completely!  I give the wardrobe top marks, right down to the bumble bee tights!  Lou's selection of shoes were amazing.  The only piece of clothing that I was disappointed with was - the red dress.  The dress in the movie was lovely, but not what I envisioned.  It suited the actor and fitted in well with the scene and personalities... just not what I pictured in my little mind.  I can't even describe the gorgeous dress I had Lou dressed in for her date. 

What do I think?  Book or movie?  Hard choice with this one.  Sorry, I have always found the book to be better, but this time I am torn.  I would still read the book first and read it with tissues.  Then find a comfortable spot to curl up with the movie.  I think this one is actually best watched at home with a good drink, chocolates and warm pair of slippers.  Oh, don't forget the tissues.

Happy reading or viewing, your choice


No comments:

Post a Comment