Thursday 15 October 2015

Worthy of repeating

Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.

–Henry David Thoreau

 

I have the pleasure of knowing a beautiful lady named Joan who is in her 90's.  She has inspired me for many years now.  She has a smile that lights up the room and I have enjoyed every moment spent with her.  This quote reminds me of Joan.  She once told me to make sure I kept reading while I was able.  She enjoyed reading but now she finds her eyes get too dry.  This is something that at my age I think little of.  I pick up a book and read.  No problems.  As a child I didn't enjoy reading and missed far to many good books.  Now I read to make up for lost time.  But how much time do we have?  Well, Joan knows not to take it all for granted.  Joan tells me to read while I can.  She misses a good read but her eyes wont let her. 
 
This is what I read into this quote as I think of Joan... A very special lady.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment