Tuesday 8 January 2019

This present darkness

This Present Darkness
Author: Frank E. Peretti
ISBN: 9781581345285 


Hi Everyone,

I have had this book for absolutely years! 

And, I have finally read it 😀

I know you all have books that sit, and sit, and sit a little more waiting to be read.  Yep, that's me too.

To be honest with you all I first got this book when I was around 18 years old.  I then moved house a several times, got married and had children.  Along the way I lost the book but never get off my mind all the excitement of my friends when they read it.  Well about eighteen months ago (okay maybe even 2 years ago) I came across it in our local book store and grabbed a copy.  I took it home and started reading it but once again life took over and I also had authors approach me to read their books, so I put this one down again.

While looking at my TBR books and deciding which one to take on holiday, it jumped out at me and screamed "Read me!".  So, I took it with me.

I found the first chapter a little hard to grab, but it didn't take long for me to relax into my holiday mode and dive head first into the rest of the story.  

My goodness!  What a gripping read. 

I quickly flicked through every page and was disappointed when there were no pages left to turn.  I want read the next book in the series but have my concerns that I may be much like this one.  Has anyone out there read the rest of this series?  If so flick me a comment and recommend or not I'd love know what you recommend.

Anyway, I'm off now to pick up the next book in my TBR pile.  For the next while I will be only reading the books I have so wanted to read rather than the saying 'yes' to new authors.  I have found that over the last six months I have had so many requests that I haven't been reading the books I have purchased.... and they are looking at me with a certain expectancy 😂

So happy reading to you all.  I hope you have a good TBR list for 2019.


Description:

Ashton is just a typical small town. But when a skeptical reporter and a prayerful, hardworking pastor begin to investigate mysterious events, they suddenly find themselves caught up in a hideous New Age plot to enslave the townspeople, and eventually the entire human race. The physical world meets the spiritual realm as the battle rages between forces of good and evil.

This Present Darkness is a gripping story that brings keen insight into spiritual warfare and the necessity of prayer. Since its original publication more than 2.7 million copies have been sold. The companion volume, Piercing the Darkness, continues the story of the battle between spiritual forces.
 


For more details and reviews head to Goodreads


Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment