Monday 30 April 2018

World without end

World Without End
Author: Ken Follett
ISBN: 9780330456920


Hi Everyone

Mission accompished!  I have read all 1237 pages.... so proud of myself 😀

So what did I think?

To start of with it is not for the faint hearted it.  I cannot understate this fact.  It has been written by a man and this man is Ken Follett - I have read a couple of his stories and he doesn't leave much out.  How can you when you have 1237 pages :)

But, I couldn't stop turning the pages.  I sat reading night after night. Week after week.  Following every character.  Every scene and event.  The historical matters in these pages were extremely interesting even though it was fictional.  I was drawn into the chaos and schemes, love, loss and everything beyond.  Truly this has just about everything possible within the pages.

I have laughed, gasped, cryed, been in shock and wanted to scream!

I think I had an issue with just about every character at some stage.  No one was left unscared though out the events.  Really if you read it you will understand.  Even as I write this I am stuck for how to explain even one character to you.  They all changed and grew, going from child to adult.  I found something to love in every one of the characters but they also found a way to drive me mad; really irritate me to the max.

I have enjoyed this book as much as 'Pillars of the Earth' which was the first in the series.  And I have the third and final in the trilogy - Edge of Eternity - on my to be read list.  I don't think you need to read the first book in the series but it is worth reading first.  See what you think.


Description: 

On the day after Halloween, in the year 1327, four children slip away from the cathedral city of Kingsbridge. They are a thief, a bully, a boy genius and a girl who wants to be a doctor. In the forest they see two men killed.
As adults, their lives will be braided together by ambition, love, greed and revenge. They will see prosperity and famine, plague and war. One boy will travel the world but come home in the end; the other will be a powerful, corrupt nobleman. One girl will defy the might of the medieval church; the other will pursue an impossible love. And always they will live under the long shadow of the unexplained killing they witnessed on that fateful childhood day.

This was available from: Book Depository,  Fishpond and Amazon


Happy reading



World Without End (The Pillars of the Earth #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment