Wednesday 7 March 2018

The Green Ember

The Green Ember
Author: S. D. Smith
ISBN: 978-0986223501

Hi Everyone

There is nothing more refreshing than reading a kids novel.  This is one my daughter would have loved a few years back.  I have told her she needs to read it... time will tell if she does or not now that she is a little older.

I thought the characters were divine!  Heather and Picket stole my heart right from the first few pages.  Picket had an attitude and spark about him which I just loved.  He was little but proud, that's the best way for me to describe him.  Always ready to prove himself but not always quite ready: according to everyone else anyway.  But prove himself he does!  Good on you little Picket.  Heather was a typical older sister.  She was a bit of a know it all in her own little way too.

I also liked the world within the pages of this novel.  I often forgot I was reading a book with rabbits as characters.  The background was painted with descriptive words that formed a firm picture in my mind.  This is great for you young readers.  When one can envision what they are reading it makes the comprehension so much easier.  This is the kind of reading we need for your young readers.

Overall I would recommend this book for any young reader.  It grabbed me and left me wanting to pick up the next book just to take a peak at what would happen to these characters from here.


Description: 

Heather and Picket are extraordinary rabbits with ordinary lives until calamitous events overtake them, spilling them into a cauldron of misadventures. They discover that their own story is bound up in the tumult threatening to overwhelm the wider world. Kings fall and kingdoms totter. Tyrants ascend and terrors threaten. Betrayal beckons, and loyalty is a broken road with peril around every bend.

Where will Heather and Picket land? How will they make their stand?


This was available from: Amazon


Happy reading




The Green Ember (The Green Ember #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment