Monday 19 February 2018

The Pearl Sister

The Pearl Sister
Author: Lucinda Riley
ISBN: 9781509840052


Hi Everyone,

This is the fourth book in this series and I am still loving it!

Every one of these books has had its own little mystery and intrigue.  Every book has shown me a new sister while connecting the dots of this family's dynamic history.  I have been taken to four corners of the world.  Been shown four different cultures.  Looked with suspicion at some of the suggestions.

I liked that this book took me to Australia, a country I have visited and enjoyed.  I was able to connect with the background in many ways.  I thought the characters were quite different from the previous books which I found interesting as many sequels can become repetitive, but not this one so far.  

Of all the four sisters so far, I found CeCe a little slow to adore.  CeCe had, kind of anyway, lost a little of my interest in the previous book as I found her just a bit domineering and clingy.  But by the end of The Pearl Sister I have a new respect for her.  I think I actually find her one of the most genuine sisters so far now.  I enjoy it when an  author manages to trick me and have me change my mind as I go deeper into a characters world.

Overall, even though this is the fourth book I am still hooked on this series!  I await now the next book now which apparently introduces me to Tiggy.  


Description:

CeCe D’Aplièse has never felt she fitted in anywhere. Following the death of her father, the elusive billionaire Pa Salt – so-called by the six daughters he adopted from around the globe and named after the Seven Sisters star cluster – she finds herself at breaking point. Dropping out of art college, CeCe watches as Star, her beloved sister, distances herself to follow her new love, leaving her completely alone.
In desperation, she decides to flee England and discover her past; the only clues she has are a black-and-white photograph and the name of a woman pioneer who lived in Australia over one hundred years ago. En-route to Sydney, CeCe heads to the one place she has ever felt close to being herself: the stunning beaches of Krabi, Thailand. There amongst the backpackers, she meets the mysterious Ace, a man as lonely as she is and whom she subsequently realises has a secret to hide . . .
A hundred years earlier, Kitty McBride, daughter of an Edinburgh clergyman, is given the opportunity to travel to Australia as the companion of the wealthy Mrs McCrombie. In Adelaide, her fate becomes entwined with Mrs McCrombie’s family, including the identical, yet very different, twin brothers: impetuous Drummond, and ambitious Andrew, the heir to a pearling fortune.
When CeCe finally reaches the searing heat and dusty plains of the Red Centre of Australia, she begins the search for her past. As something deep within her responds to the energy of the area and the ancient culture of the Aboriginal people, her creativity reawakens once more. With help from those she meets on her journey, CeCe begins to believe that this wild, vast continent could offer her something she never thought possible: a sense of belonging, and a home . . .

This was available from: AmazonFishpondBook depository and Paperplus


Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment