Sunday 18 June 2017

The power of Now

The Power of Now
Author Eckhart Tolle
ISBN: 9781577314806
          
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment


Hi Everyone

Well, this one was interesting...

I think you need to be in a certain place to understand totally the concepts within this book.  I for one, would need read this more than once because there is so much to take in.  But, there are parts that in fact have a point. 

I saw this popping up in every shop I entered and all over the internet.  I decided to read this with an open mind because it is a little different from other 'self help' or 'spiritual books' that I have previously read.  I actually enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.  There are a few things that I just don't reside with yet or quite understand also.  I am open to the things that I have taken from this book.  There definitely needs to be a little more now thought captured in my day.  I live totally on my 'busy-ness' and 'go do it' attitude that often leaves me stressing about all I have to achieve, that I am often left overwhelmed or worried about far to much.  When I read this book, cleverly outlined in question answer format,  I closed the final page with a few 'yeah I get it moments'.  I also close the book knowing that there is a lot that I haven't taken in.  I guess it is a book that each time I read it I will get something new from it.  I think most people who have read this would agree that to live this way would take a lot, and I mean a LOT of thought change and practice.  As for a little more 'now' in my life... after reading this I am trying it out, just a little anyway.


Description:

Eckhart Tolle's message is simple: living in the now is the truest path to happiness and enlightenment. And while this message may not seem stunningly original or fresh, Tolle's clear writing, supportive voice and enthusiasm make this an excellent manual for anyone who's ever wondered what exactly "living in the now" means. Foremost, Tolle is a world-class teacher, able to explain complicated concepts in concrete language. More importantly, within a chapter of reading this book, readers are already holding the world in a different container--more conscious of how thoughts and emotions get in the way of their ability to live in genuine peace and happiness.


This was available from: Amazon, Book depository and Fishpond


Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment