Friday 9 June 2017

Into the water

Into the Water
Author: Paula Hawkins
ISBN: 978-0-857-52443-0

Into the Water

Hi Everyone

This is fantastic!  Absolutely brilliant!

If you have read The Girl On the Train then I am pretty sure you will enjoy this one too.  I have enjoyed it more than The Girl On the Train.  I don't know whether this is because I understand Paula Hawkins writing style or if it is just better, but found the writing of this one brilliant.

When I first started to read Into the Water I thought maybe I would have needed a notebook to keep track of all the characters.  No need.  It wasn't long and I was so into the plot that I knew every character and where they belonged. I had to know what each character was up to.  Where Paula Hawkins was leading me with them.  Who did what.  It seemed like the whole community had lost the plot, literally!  By the end, the outcome was totally different from whom I thought.  Having made that statement, I think at times I had blamed nearly every character for some part of some event. 

Right down to the very end, this book took me on a roller coaster ride of guessing.  All I can say is this is a brilliant piece of literary work and I can't wait to see what Paula Hawkins come up with next.


Description:

'Julia, it's me.  I need you to call me back. Please, Julia.  It's important...

In the last days before her death, Nel Abbot called her sister.

Jules didn't pick up the phone, ignoring her plea for help.

Now Nel is dead.  They say she jumped.  And Jules has been dragged back to the one place she hoped she had escaped for good, to take care of the teenage girl she left behind.

But Jules is afraid. So afraid.  Of her long-buried memories, of the old Mill House, of knowing that Nel would never have jumped.

And Most of all she's afraid of the water and the place they call the Drowning pool...


This was available from: Penguin publishing, Amazon, Book depository and Fishpond


Happy reading






No comments:

Post a Comment