Sunday 4 June 2017

How to win friends and influence people



How To Win Friends and Influence People
Author: Dale Carnegie
ISBN: 9789352613939

How to win friends & influence people
Hi Everyone

About 15 years ago I read this book.  I got a third of the way through and skipped a few lines here and there.  Well, here I am over a decade later and the book turned up on some famous reading lists so I decided to read it again with fresh eyes and a grown up perspective, and I didn't skip the pages.

I still like this book!

It is good old common sense that sometimes I think we have forgotten about in our fast paced media influenced world.  As I read it, I remembered all the things my mother and grandmother had told me as I was growing up.  Things like: "There is something good everyone you just have to look (maybe a little harder sometimes) and "Treat others how you would like to be treated".  In many aspects these are put there in this little gem.

I loved the tips at the end of chapters.  Many of which I have now put into quotes on my phone... I will share some with you over time.

Quite a bit of this book is presented for the business person but it is far from that.  It is a treasure that would hurt everyone reading. No matter what your life is like, you will be able to learn something from this book that will make you think and maybe a difference to you or someone else if you implement the idea.

Description:

The book 'How to win Friends & Influence People' presents a lot on personality development thus making you an extraordinary person. The book provides fundamental techniques in handling people and big secret of dealing with people.

By reading this book you get one of the best things that 'An increased tendency to think always in terms of other people's point of view, and see things from their angle', may easily prove to be one of the building blocks of your career.

The book suggests you very simple ways to make a good first impression like 'the value of a smile', and how to become a good conversationalist. This self-help book provides very simple ways to make people like you and how to win them to your way of thinking, and suggest how to begin in friendly way.

The book mentions the secret of Socrates, which in turn sets the psychological process of the listeners moving in the affirmative direction. The book helps in developing the Leadership Qualities too. A detailed study with various practical examples, incidences are mentioned herewith so that each concept becomes clear and easy to understand.

Taken from: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33836949-how-to-win-friends-influence-people


This was available from: Amazon, Book depository and Fishpond


Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment