Monday 26 June 2017

Dragon Teeth

Dragon Teeth
Author: Micheal Crichton
ISBN: 987-0-06-247335-6

Dragon Teeth

Hi Everyone

I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book.  I like the author and I loved the movies.  This book... I am closing now.  I am up page 109 and it still hasn't grabbed me.  It is not often that I give up on a book, but there is better on my TBR list awaiting me. 

Now just to let you know that it is my choice to close this book.  It isn't a bad read by any means, it just isn't doing it for me.  That is - me - not the rest of the world.  I am 99% certain my father in law will thoroughly enjoy it.  So I am not giving this a bad review!  It is a good read for anyone that is into this kind of story.  I can tell you that by page 109 all the characters are introduced and connected well; the story is well underway; and, they are just about to finally reach their exploration area.  What I struggled with was the lack of action and adventure.  So far, it was just a well put together story with a great amount of historical asset.

I put it out there to all my followers and regular readers... if you think I should continue reading then leave a comment and I will pick it back up and continue reading.  I can handle continuing if you recommend me to do so.


Description:

Michael Crichton's recently discovered novel—an adventure set in the Wild West during the golden age of fossil hunting.

The year is 1876. Warring Indian tribes still populate America’s western territories even as lawless gold-rush towns begin to mark the landscape. In much of the country it is still illegal to espouse evolution. Against this backdrop two monomaniacal paleontologists pillage the Wild West, hunting for dinosaur fossils, while surveilling, deceiving and sabotaging each other in a rivalry that will come to be known as the Bone Wars.

Into this treacherous territory plunges the arrogant and entitled William Johnson, a Yale student with more privilege than sense. Determined to survive a summer in the west to win a bet against his arch-rival, William has joined world-renowned paleontologist Othniel Charles Marsh on his latest expedition.  But when the paranoid and secretive Marsh becomes convinced that William is spying for his nemesis, Edwin Drinker Cope, he abandons him in Cheyenne, Wyoming, a locus of crime and vice. William is forced to join forces with Cope and soon stumbles upon a discovery of historic proportions.  With this extraordinary treasure, however, comes exceptional danger, and William’s newfound resilience will be tested in his struggle to protect his cache, which pits him against some of the West’s most notorious characters.


This was available from: Fishpond, Book depository, and Amazon


Happy reading




No comments:

Post a Comment