Friday 3 February 2017

The best advice I received


Hi Everyone,

I woke up this morning thinking of all the advice I have ever been given.  All the quotes and poems I have read also ran through my mind.  I have spent years adoring poetry and quotes but this morning as I sat quietly reminiscing, I remembered my mother speaking the above words to me. 

I was a teen at the time and wanted to save the world.  She told me I didn't need to save the world, it was only important to live one day at a time!  She then turned on the music (in the car) and played me the song 'One Day At A Time'. 

The song has stuck with me ever since but the words seem more neccessary as I get older and the world moves faster around me.  I want to share her words with you, especially to anyone who needs to be reminded of the beauty which this simple sentence holds in its words.

As the weekend rises on us all, may you find enjoyment in words.  Be it in a novel, poem, quote or spoken language, there is something to learn somewhere today.

Happy reading


No comments:

Post a Comment