Saturday 27 December 2014

You are special

 


You Are Special
Author: Max Lucado
ISBN: 9781859855454
Picture book

 
 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

 

I was sitting thinking about how brilliant Christmas day was, when I remembered this book.  I nabbed my son who hadn't heard read it and we read it together.  This book has such a brilliant message for children.  It even touches the hearts of adults. 
 
Every day a new wemmick is made.  Each one is different.  Each is loved by its maker.  One little wemmick isn't able to do very much well and he gets sticked with dots all the time.  No matter how hard he tries he recieves more dots.  You see, the wemmicks have stickers that they label the others with.  You get either stars or dots.  There is one wemmick that never has a sticker, so the dotted wemmick goes to visit her.  She has no stickers because she is loved by her maker and she encourages him to visit the maker.  There he is told how much he is loved, special and unique.
 
As Christmas passes and a new year approaches, may we all remember our maker and how unique we all are.  We don't need to wear a label.  We need to know we are loved for who we are.
 
My daughter made me get this book.  I thank her for being.. just her!
 
 
This was available from:  Fishpond, Book Depository and Manna Christian Stores
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment